Our safari covers the whole island, from south to north and back. We explore the varied terrain from the plains on the eastern side, which merge gently into peaceful days and golden beaches, to the western side, which is mountainous with steep cliffs along its coastline. During the safari we drive both on and off road carefully and considerately.
All guests will be collected from our office in Argassi at a pre-arranged time and then head towards our starting point just inside Laganas. Here instructions will be made & safety procedures will be covered. There will be a short brief on the day’s itinerary before we set off on safari…
- Our first stop is at the historic Venetian church tower in the beautiful mountain village Kiliomenos.
- Heading off track we visit the village of Loucha and also Giri, which is the smallest village on the island, having a population of only 20 people. Here at approx. 10 a.m. we will stop for a short coffee break.
- Then onwards to our next stop at Vrachiona, the highest point on the island. Where from a height of 1000 m (3000 ft) you will be able to view the whole of Zakynthos, Kefallonia and the Greek mainland in the distance.
- Heading further north we visit the cross of Kampi and learn the history behind it. You will also be able to take in the magnificent rugged coastline on this side of the island. At 12.30 you either have the option of bringing your own lunch or endulge in the Greek cuisine attered at special prices for our guests.
- After lunch break, we drive through Exo Chora, where you will see the oldest olive tree on the island, on Maries and into the tiny village of Anafonitria. Just outside Anafonitria we have a short stop with a little wine tasting and see some of our local products such as rugs, lace, honey, wine.
- And then one of the most famous sites around the world : Shipwreck, magnificant view of the deep blue sea of the ionian sea.
- Heading on through the village at Volimes our next stop os swimming in the crystal clear waters of Makris Gialos and photographing at the famous natural sulfur spring called Xigia (about 30 – 45 min) and off we go to the naturally collected salt pans of Alykes.
- By the end of our tour (4pm) we will have passed by the villages Alykanas, Amoudi, Gerakari, Kalipado viewing the extensive olive & lemon grovesm vineyards and plains of picturesque Zakynthos.
Throughout the day our drivers and guides will share with you Zakynthian history and local stories as you explore the island. We can stop on request in any of the villages we are passing through to take photographs and answer your questions and provide further information on the history of Greece and the island in particular.
A day out on the Jeep Safari Land Rover Experience is a day of pure escapism, a time to leave all your worries behind and enjoy that feeling of being free and totally relaxed.
Remember to bring with you swimware, camera, sensible shoes, money for drinks & lunch.